Careers Day - 25th September 2017 10am - 3pm
Dynamic Earth are pleased to present the STEM and Geography showcase, celebrating STEM and Geography careers, meeting the experts and inspiring for the future. Give your pupils the chance to aim higher and go further through awareness and knowledge.
Thanks to special funding from the UK Association of Science and Discovery Centres and the Science and Technology Facilities Council, this event is free of charge. This event is aimed at S3 and above.
Calling all Secondary School Teachers:
Dynamic Earth would like to invite you and your pupils to the latest in our series of annual careers days. This year we are focusing on Energy, Environmental Sciences and Geography, but as always we also celebrate all that STEM has to offer.
For those of you new to Dynamic Earth careers days, they are designed to showcase some of the amazing and eclectic careers that can be accessed by those young people who opt to study STEM subjects and geography at school. As always we ensure a strong cohort of female role models for your young people to chat with, question and be inspired by.
This year we will be supported by a wonderful array of organisations from industry, academic and public service, all offering up their time to engage and inspire the next generation of Scientists and Geographers.
Who is coming?
- Astronomers looking at some of the most energetic objects in our Universe.
- Scientists researching natural disasters and oil spills in our oceans.
- Rangers from Historic Environment Scotland; the guys and gals responsible for looking after our wild spaces.
- Representatives from industry who look to our environmental future though the wizardry of computer programming.
- Forest Research, supporting the development of sustainable forestry through research and technical development.
- And of course, a number of academics demonstrating cutting edge research.
Dynamic Earth are also being supported by Skills Development Scotland who work alongside business and industry to support and guide young people in their careers and career aspirations.
Alongside our careers market place we will have a drop in ‘soapbox’ providing young people and their teachers with the opportunity hear the experts speak and to find out a little bit more about some of these exciting careers and as always, our galleries and ShowDome are open for visits.